Improve your on-ice skills!
Dates: July 17-22, 2017
Time: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Saturday morning races.
What is Summer Speed? Summer Speed is a speed skating camp for children 5-18 years old who want to improve their on-ice technical skills. This camp is open to all children who are registered Speed Skating Canada athletes. The camp also includes off-ice skating imitation training and circuit training in a sporting games environment. One of the highlights of this one-week summer camp is a talk with the Canadian National Speed Skating team.
- Long Track and Short Track speed skating development for kids 5+.
- Skaters should be prepared to participate in both disciplines in accordance to LTPAD (Long Term Participant Athlete Development).
- Learn about speed skating at the Oval, the training ground for Canadian Olympians,home to the "Fastest Ice in the World (TM)"
- Camp includes two ice sessions per day, off-ice exercises, activities and a t-shirt!
- Check-in takes place on Sunday, July 16 in the Olympic Oval lounge between 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Lunch Program is available separately for additional cost.
Online Registration at oval.ucalgary.ca starting February 1, 2017.