Have Yourself a Merry Little Fitness!
This holiday season, come on down to the Olympic Oval for an exciting day of fun, family-friendly Olympic games, gingerbread and of course – Santa. Deck the Halls on The Fastest Ice in the World ™ with Mariah, Bing and Dolly singing in the background. Celebrate the Holidays with some Fa La La La La and a nod to the upcoming 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games. It promises to be a day to Cheer on Canada and make your spirits bright!
- Scroll down to find out what activities we will be having for this very special event.
Five Olympic Games and 2 Olympic Villages
Five Olympic Games to Play
Play each Olympic Game and get your Gingerbread Olympics Card stamped with each colour (Black, Blue, Red, Yellow and Green). After completing all 5 games - head over to the North Pole Ice and meet Santa Claus. Santa is at the Oval on December 4th only (he's very busy) from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Santa will be providing a GOLD OLYMPIC MEDAL for completing all 5 Olympic Games.
Be sure to visit our sponsors on site — Village Ice Cream, Big Chief Meat Snacks, Active Living, The Camera Store and XL 103.
Ring Ring Rudolph
- See how skilled you are with Big Chief's Ring, Ring Rudolph Toss event. After playing this game — get your card stamped BLACK.
Christmas Winter Wonderland Wheel
- Spin the Christmas Winter Wonderland Wheel and determine which activity you need to complete. It could be pushups, cycling, rowing, jumping jacks or crunches. After playing this game — get your card stamped BLUE.
Cheer on Canada
- The 2022 Beijing Olympic Winter Games are just over 60 days away. Cheer on our Speed Skating Athletes by writing a message of celebration, encouragement and Good Luck on our GIANT GO TEAM CANADA mural. After participating in this activity — get your card stamped RED.
The Grinch's Obstacle Course
- You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch! The Grinch is taking a break from Whoville and setting up an Obstacle Course at the Oval. He puts the mean in green. After participating in this activity — get your card stamped GREEN.
Race Around the Oval
- Race around The Fastest Ice in the World for one or more laps and find an Ice Patrol. Tell them how many laps and get your card stamped YELLOW.
Reindeer Games Craft Station — Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now Prancer and Vixen! On, Comet! on, Cupid! on, Donner and Blitzen! Join us for some Reindeer Games and Crafts — the perfect activity to adorn your Christmas tree after the Gingerbread Olympics. Don't worry — we didn't forget Rudolph.
Our friends at Village Ice Cream are bringing 1,000 FREE Ice Cream Cups to the Oval — and you don't want to miss out on all the amazing flavours and choices. There will be dairy, gluten free and vegan options. Yule want to make sure you are here for that!!
Recreational Public Skating is part of the Gingerbread Olympics. You can join in on the games or simply enjoy an afternoon of skating without Jack Frost nipping at your nose.
You better watch out, You better not cry, You better not pout, I am telling you why...Santa Claus is coming...to the Oval.
Director, Olympic Oval