Do you like hockey but as a student, you can’t commit to playing in a league? Grab your fellow hockey lovers and head to the Olympic Oval for some Drop-in Hockey! All levels of hockey welcome (Age 18 +). Players on ice will organize their own games as well as fair play sessions and the rotation of shifts to allow ice time for all. Players must bring their own equipment including pucks, sticks, gloves, helmet, etc. Make sure to read our rules for more details.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- No contact (ie. checking)
- Must be wearing a CSA approved hockey helmet (with cage or visor), gloves, long-sleeved shirt, and hockey skates.
- Full equipment is permitted and recommended. Dressing rooms will be provided 30 min prior and 30 min after the session. The rooms will NOT be locked so take any valuables with you to the benches.
- Players must bring their own pucks. Pucks will not be provided.
- Pre-practice warm-ups (ie. Running on track, stair climbing, skating on other ice surfaces) are prohibited.
- No shooting pucks outside of hockey rink.
- Use of profanity, discrimination or inappropriate language is not permitted.
- Groups/Individuals are responsible for any damage they may cause to the facility.
- Spitting/chewing of tobacco products is not allowed.
- Anyone under the influence, consuming or possessing alcohol or drugs will be refused entry and/or be removed from the facility.
There are 7 dates available for the remainder of the 2019-2020 season.
January 23, 2020
January 30, 2020
February 13, 2020
February 27, 2020
March 5, 2020
March 12, 2020
March 19, 2020
Drop-in Hockey at the Oval
I love that the Oval started to offer Shinny times during the day. I have a few hours in-between classes during the week and this is perfect for me and my buddies.
4th Year Engineering Student